• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never made a name plate for office wall mounts before. Any Ideas?

signs_welly

Currently flying by the seat of my pants
We've never had to do a name plate for wall mounted office name plates before. What do most people do for these? They are sized to 10 inch by 2 inch.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Another option is acrylic with standoffs, looks a little more high end, but more costly. Used to do the acrylic for the top dogs in professional offices, and Gino's way for the average office environment where the names will probably get changed more often. Kind of depends on the use and what's in the budget for the customer.

Scooter13

I do office name plates from time to time. I order the frames, same size as you 10"x2". They come with inserts and lexan covers. I usually will print on vinyl and mount to the insert. When tenants move I print new name on vinyl and make a new insert out of polystyrene. Hope this helps.

signs_welly

Get a frame of your choice and make an insert with the person's name for it. Screw the frame to the wall and slide your insert in. There are 100's of frames from which to choose.
The frames are already there. I just need to make inserts. I think we're going with duets and printing directly onto them.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I just finished some
2" × 8" for a customer.
Printed their name reversed out on White vinyl then applied it to .040 white styrene.
Slid right into the holder.

Attachments

• 20230623_124249.jpg
    20230623_124249.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Sandblast etched duranodic bronze looks really awesome, and is very easy to accomplish...even with a cheap Harbor Freight blast cabinet.

JB

signs_welly

Duets have a white core, which will look tacky from the edge. Gravograph and I think Rowmark (johnson plastics) will cut to size for you.
Well after a little more back and forth the customer wanted the plates to be engraved. They want grey with white letters.