• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Gold Vinyl gone bad

player

Laminating would protect from the washing and polishing. I would go cast and laminate with Oracal 290 G.

Is Real Gold an option?

ams

My customer just informed me that the gold decal I made him ( 6 months ago) is now decomposing.
I warned him about the short life span of gold Oracle 651, but 6 months is something fishy going on.
This vinyl is supposed to go 4 years. Not 6 months.

I instructed him not to wax it, and he didn't. I also advised him to use protector 303, uv protector, and he did.
Could this be a defective roll? Many thanks :smile:

Odd.... Never seen that happen on my Oracal 651 gold. Contact Oracal and they will replace it.

visual800

I am notorious for clearing over vinyl lettering with urethanes. BUT if I clear over metallics they will appear to dissolve under the clear a year later. I simply do not mess with metallics they just dont last

Bill Modzel

I've used 651 Gold for local school team decals for over 8 years now. All of them Edge printed with dark green, and have never had that happen. Granted, all of them are for 3 or 4 year usage but still, have never had a problem.
Having said that, I would never use 651, as good as it is for a calendared vinyl, for a commercial vehicle installation.