• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New logo for myself.

visualeyez

No details really needed. Simple 2 color, no frills (shown with lighting effects). A little cramped at the bottom?

attachment.php

Attachments

• new logo.jpg
    new logo.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 189

visual800

drop the period after Co. Take some weight off bottom font and make it smaller its crowding bottom. and on the shadowing I would make that a solid shape instead of the airbrush look, shadows are not black only a darker hue of the color itself

Other than that I dig it. It looks kinda old school

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Reminds me of Wrangler jeans.
attachment.php

I'd use 1 font for both Sign Co and Est. 2010.

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 211

neato

drop the period after Co. Take some weight off bottom font and make it smaller its crowding bottom. and on the shadowing I would make that a solid shape instead of the airbrush look, shadows are not black only a darker hue of the color itself

Other than that I dig it. It looks kinda old school

I think since it does look Old School, he should keep the period after CO. I like it.

visual800

I think since it does look Old School, he should keep the period after CO. I like it.

Well thats true, sir.

I personally cannot stand periods behind something that we know is an abbreviation. Like INC. or my all time favorite L.L.C. I prefer they just completely dropp the LLC all together BUT they think by not putting in on their signage it indicates they are not LLC, lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Reduce the bottom portion and see if you can spell the word out.

Old school thinking was..... if you planned well, it would fit without having to abbreviate. Abbreviations were cheating, if you planned wrong. A good way to tell if someone was lousy at layouts.

sardocs

I like the the general concept, but I think the script has a lot of smoothing needed. There are some "flat tires" and inconsistent line weights that make it look like it was poorly auto-traced by computer.

grafixemporium

Scripts for logos... not a great idea. If you just have to use a script in an effort to evoke a certain feeling, choose (or make) one that is cleaner, bolder and easier to read.

If you stick with your script, at least clean it up. You would never see those line inconsistencies in a real logo.

If nothing else, please lose the bevel. There is nothing about adding a bevel that makes you look like a designer who is on top of styles and trends.

Good luck!

Andrew
GFX Wraps

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Is that a script? I thought it was a signature.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the arched text at the bottom, but I think you're on the right track.

Jillbeans

It's OK...but do not distort the SIGN CO. and make it smaller to give it more breathing room.
Leave the .
Love....Jill
PS
Or better yet, do like Gino said spell out COMPANY, it would leave you room in the panel for the y descender.

visualeyez

My thinking is that I make Signs, not Company's. Everybody knows that a business is a company right? This lets me keep the word SIGN as big as possible in one line. I also like the way that "Sign Co." rolls off the tongue...

Agreed the bevel is ugly, it was just helping me visualize it as a domed-gel decal I could put on all of my finished work.

Thanks for the input, I will adjust and re-critique.