• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New sign for my shop...finally

rjpjr

maybe the logo needs some color to make it jump off of the building...
maybe consider substituting the Klem's script since it is a little difficult to read...
maybe a little bigger...

Attachments

• Klems-shopsign3.jpg
    Klems-shopsign3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 93

fmg

To get a consistent sharp halo glow you would do best placing the led's around the perimeter of the sign bouncing off the light color on the building.Not too sure how it will work against the contours though.

fmg

maybe the logo needs some color to make it jump off of the building...
maybe consider substituting the Klem's script since it is a little difficult to read...
maybe a little bigger...
Why so big? That looks way overkill for that size building.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If the building faces a busy street and can be seen I'd go all out and wrap the entire front face then add the sign - out and up so that it breaks the roof line and adds some depth to the whole thing.

If it can't be seen from the road I'd go minimal with a nice looking sign on the door.

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

As a matter of fact Jill, Yes! I even changed one of my layouts after you pointed that out :)
I agree that on this sign it doesn't really add or help much. As much as I love using panels, I don't think this layout is working very well.

RJPJR's layout definitely reads better.

Okay, so I sat down and played with my thoughts about it. My style has a particular feel and others may not care for it, but I try to go for a feel that says "custom". I could easily come up with other layouts that are very corporate looking, casual or vintage. Just depends on how you want to market yourself.

Also, went back and added some awnings over the door and window to break up the mass of the building. Plus it will keep you drier when it's pouring outside. Also would like to add, this could be done affordably as a flat print on diebond, but if it were me, I would go for dimensional and I bet you would start selling the sh!t out of those kinds of signs.

Attachments

• Klem2.jpg
    Klem2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Klems.jpg
    Klems.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

I like your design and layout, then post #20 the right one looked better and still was thinking color red needed to be added , the SignManiac did a outstanding version and yes indeed the color band surely needs to be added to building , I like suggesting that to customers when able.
I think you should now redo another version combining all the good ideas to fit your own liking and be done with it.

klemgraphics

Maybe I should pick another career...lol. I already had Phillip Newell design the logo.

I like the color band a lot! There is a sign shop near me that has a LED neon like tube running around the perimeter of the roof that looks really good, maybe I can incorporate something similar into the band. Or just a band non-lit would be good too. Any suggestions on what you would construct something like this from?? dibond?

SignManiac

I'd like to see what you ultimately decide to do as a follow up. You have a great opportunity to really market yourself her. You know what they say about first impressions.