• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to JV33-160

KippSchaefer

I recently purchased this machine. I know it’s been sitting for the last couple years. It was on the whole time but sat idle after the previous owner bought a new machine.

I’m new to owning a large printer. Previous owner has been super helpful too but looking for addition advice.

Only printed once with it so far to test with it and quality wasn’t great. Lines were super visible in the print and color quality was lack luster at best. Has all brand new ink and a brand new cleaning cartridge. Ran acouple cleaning cycles on the machine but this is the results when running the test draws. Do I need to just run more cleaning cycles? Print more stuff? Replace the print head? Any advice?

Attachments

• 260E37BC-89A0-4A6C-94B8-A7047DD8663E.jpeg
    260E37BC-89A0-4A6C-94B8-A7047DD8663E.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 809C980C-B2D3-428F-98C9-D883FD8E00F6.jpeg
    809C980C-B2D3-428F-98C9-D883FD8E00F6.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 68

brdesign

You have a lot of clogged nozzles. At least once a day, do a head soak where you fill the capping stations with cleaning fluid and let the heads soak for the maximum amount of time. Do a few heavy cleaning cycles a few times a day. Buy some cheap media and print some files daily with the print gutters turned on. After a few days, you should notice a little improvement in the nozzle test pattern each day. If there is no improvement, then you may need new print heads. I used to run a Mimaki that had been neglected by the previous operator. At first, the print quality was just acceptable on scrim banners and signs that would only be seen at a distance. It took me several months to get running like a new machine again.