• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New trick at gas stations

On the standard model air pumps at gas stations that make you pay .50 cents for some air...there is a little recessed button on the side that turns it on.

Lady at gas station told me after I was pissed that her pump wouldn't fill up one tire on my old crap truck

Although there is nothing you can do about the hand cramps holding those bleepers on the valve

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Having to pay for air and water...who would have thought we'd see the day?

That being said, Ozarka and Fiji make some pretty good bottled water.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
$16.00
Pay once - free air for years.....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 300

DrCAS

I bought one of those little 12 volt air pumps to do Go Kart tires for my Shriners Unit. It worked so good, I went and bought my own. Fits real nice in the storage area of my HHR panel.

I have used it many times on my wife's PT Cruiser. Those dang aluminum rims just don't hold air.

Ken

Yeah it really burns me to pay for air. I keep a small 12V compressor in the vehicle.

SignosaurusRex

The "reset" has been around quite some time. The other trick is that many stations have a remote start for the air and water inside behind the counter. Some of the regular patrons know this and just let "Singh" know what they want. You never see "Rahj" feed quarters to the machine for air or water!

ucmj22

Having to pay for air and water...who would have thought we'd see the day?

That being said, Ozarka and Fiji make some pretty good bottled water.

you're not technically paying for air, you are paying the establishment for a service. the business went through the expense of installing the unit, and has to pay for the electricity to run the compressor.

when I weld a banner, im not charging the customer for heat.

RogueRoller

Most stations I have found if you bye there gas the air and water is complamentry. So after you pump just ask kindly and poof compressed air. And as for the water don't drink it. Lol

anotherdog

Nothing in this world is FREE. Everything has a cost if only in dollars for a chinese hand pump and calories for pumping air or paying more for gas so the air machine is free.
Heck even reading this has cost you time.

RogueRoller

I thought Oregon had mandatory full-service pumps?

true we don't pump our own gas. I travel all over the us and have never paid for air or water. I kindly ask the teller or gas attendant would the be so kind to turn on the air or water for me as I'm paying for my gas. Works every time. Plus some air and water stations state on the side that the offer this servis for there paying gas customers. ;-)

Mosh

Here is an "old trick" take your plates off your car, go and fill up, then drive off without paying!!!! BTW don't use your shop truck with your company name on it....

One of the benefits to living in Cali...free gas and air.

hahaha I agree I saw this post and went what? In cali they have to give you air and water when you purchase something at the gas station. If you drive up and tell the lady to turn it on they almost always turn it on.

Techman

Yeah it really burns me to pay for air.

you aint paying for the air.
You are paying for the machine, replacement, maintenance, electric bill, and install.

Those machine take a beating.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I only used to pay for gas and oil. Cleaning the windshield was free. Checking the levels of certain portions was free. They pumped the gas for free and we got 'Green Stamps' to boot.

Now, I do it all and I don't get S&H Green Stamps anymore.... plus the air and water are now a fee.

The gas stations used to be a place to buy gas. Now it's a grocery store, mini-mart and deli all in one.... and the hand towels are always empty. Stop by one down-town and you take your life into your hands.