• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old vs. new

Signmaker1234

Customer wanted an updated look! What do you all think? She didn't want it changed much but wanted the tag line gone! New is on the left!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 121

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Both the new and the old look as predictable, and thus forgettable, as any other business with 'Mountain' in it's name. Both as unique as a head cold as well as **typographical train wrecks.

**Use of the typeface Charlemagne [or whatever that particular version is called] on the original should carry the death penalty and the typefaces on the new version are not only boring, but the are in such conflict with each other that the Earth trembles from their titanic struggle.

decalman

Just fix the font and you got a winner. Get rid of the line.
Then collect payment....Everybody happy.

rossmosh

Customer wanted an updated look! What do you all think? She didn't want it changed much but wanted the tag line gone! New is on the left!

At first look, I thought it was a solid adaptation. Second look, I feel the same except "Group" is the wrong font. Not necessarily wrong, but less than ideal.

Now go sell them a re-brand package of mugs, pens, signs, shirts, ect.

Marlene

how are they using this logo? mostly letterheads and business cards or signs? the old logo with the light colors feels more high end but would be a pain on a sign as it is so long and very little contrast but would look good for paper uses. the new one is way to bright for this type of business. dark grays, dark green, dark blue but reflex is just too bright with the black. if they are using this for signs, its proportions are better but if for letterheads, not so much

Signmaker1234

how are they using this logo? mostly letterheads and business cards or signs? the old logo with the light colors feels more high end but would be a pain on a sign as it is so long and very little contrast but would look good for paper uses. the new one is way to bright for this type of business. dark grays, dark green, dark blue but reflex is just too bright with the black. if they are using this for signs, its proportions are better but if for letterheads, not so much

I am going to go with a darker blue and change the font. As far as usage, I agree on a letterhead the old is better, but I made them a sign once, years ago, and it was hard to read because it was so small because of the length.