• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 4.0 to 5.0

sign girl

I like to keep the programs we have up to date. There is a sale on the Omega upgrade 4.0 to 5.0 and I will need 2. They are $350.00+. Is it worth it or should I spend $1000 on something else? (We have a work station too).
Thanks,
Tina

GB2

Old Member
I'm not finding any such upgrade special, could you tell me where you got that information because I've got two full Omega 3 versions with one design station that I've been thinking about upgrading for a long time now. Since I basically just use Omega for operating my Gerber machinery these days it doesn't seem worthwhile for me to spend too much on any upgrade but I don't like having obsolete software. Fred suggested that Gerber wasn't going to come out with any new versions of Omega beyond v5 and then Dana from Gerber came on here and said that Gerber was thriving and would continue support for all their products however, he didn't say anything about future versions of Omega. I don't think there are any substantial new features in the newest versions but you can probably go to the Gerber website to find out what the difference is between the older and newer versions. Hopefully someone else can give us a little more insight here.

Here you go:
http://www.gspinc.com/downloads/PDF/software/OMEGA_WhatsNew_500.pdf