• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 4 on windows 7 (64bit)

Brend-O

just upgraded from windows XP (32bit) to Windows 7 (64bit).. was running omega 4.0 on previous and new system, but wanted the new OS in hopes of performance gains..

Not sure if this is normal or what settings need to be changed but a file that would rip in Plot took 18 SECONDS in XP.. now in windows 7, this exact same file takes about 15 MINUTES to rip..!!!! WTF!! running brand new i7 chip with 8gb ram to edge FX..

any help please???!!

Last edited:

Tony Teveris

In GspPlot under Tools/Options/Options is the Fast Rendering Logic turned on?

What does the job look like, Images, small text, repeats?

Email me the job to take a look.

Last edited:

Dana Goodale

Are you opening the PLT file from a network drive? If so, try copying the file to the local machine, then render the job. Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks,

Dana

Last edited:

Brend-O

In GspPlot under Tools/Options/Options is the Fast Rendering Logic turned on?

What does the job look like, Images, small text, repeats?

Email me the job to take a look.
--------------

Yes its turned on. 24mb file. pure vector. no repeats. file located on a second internal hard drive. about 55,000 objects in the file. Single panel. Did test on old PC with file located on an old external hard drive, so thats for sure not the issue.

Opens in PLot 4.0 in Windows XP on old computer in under 10 seconds. Rips to Edge FX in about 20 seconds.

Then on our brand new $2500 Windows 7 PC with intel i7 processor, it takes about 25 seconds to open and over 35 MINUTES to rip to Edge FX...

sounds like a huge $2500 step backwards to me.

Tony Teveris

Can you email me the file. Something is not right.

Any virus apps running?

PERU (Problem and Enhancement Report Utility) should be installed on the computer can you submit a PERU report from this computer it may give us some info on the system setup, etc. You can also attach your PLT file to this report.