• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5 Ungroup Text

Billct2

I've been using Omega 5 for a while now but occasionally run into some issues with ungrouping things, especailly text.
Say I have a lne of text and I have appiled an arc to it, but I need to adjust just a few of the letters, I turn off smart edit and ungroup the letters.
Then when I move a ltter the rest automatically snap back into line with it. It's like there's something I'm, mssing to ungroup them.
Another similar issue happened the other day, I had two lines of vector text taht had an outline & shade applied, evry time I moved them near each other they would automatically contour together?
I think I missed something in thsi upgarde, it's great to be able to edit any effect that's been appiled but somehow this is getting in my way when I don't want it to.
Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Malkin

I am still using 3 and 4, but did you also try "convert to objects" after removing the text smart edit? In my version it is found by right click selecting the objects --> ReAction --> Convert to objects

Billct2

That does it, thanks. I wonder why there's no mention of it in the info anout smart text/ungrouping?

Malkin

Glad it helped.

I have also found that I sometimes need to clear away all memory of effects and distortions since it seems to want to regenerate at the wrong times.

TammieH

Just remember its no longer a font after going through that step. You might want to duplicate the art so that you have an original.

Also if you do Repeat/Merge it will convert the fonts to objects

Just something to remember if you ever have to edit your text in the future.

Billct2

@TammieYea, I usaully will save a copy before I get too far into it.
@Malkin is there a way to delete all effects in one shot?