• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

omega : Solid shield white and BP letter

artofacks1

Hello,

I have a solid white shield on layer 1 and on top of it I have green bp. I want the shield to be solid white on the print and the green to print on top of it.

However in the omega print view it does not show the solid white shield. It knocks out the area green will print. Can you guys tell me the settings I need in Omega so it knows to print solid white shield and not knock out the bp?

Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The green must be set to either overlap or overprint to prevent it knocking out the white beneath it. In addition, check the Print Order dialog for which foils are set to print first and second. Both foils must be set to print on the same vinyl as well. The Print Order dialog (1234) is your friend for checking layouts.

artofacks1

The green must be set to either overlap or overprint to prevent it knocking out the white beneath it. In addition, check the Print Order dialog for which foils are set to print first and second. Both foils must be set to print on the same vinyl as well. The Print Order dialog (1234) is your friend for checking layouts.
What is the difference with overlap and overprint. Which one will give me a solid green?

How can I find an order dialog?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What is the difference with overlap and overprint. Which one will give me a solid green?

How can I find an order dialog?

Overlap does not raise the heat while Overprint does. I use Overlap 99 out of 100 times because if there are any other fills using the same color as the overprint, it causes a second print run unless they are also set to Overprint. The higher heat is said to be for overprinting large areas such as you might use for Spectratone colors ... most overprinting does not need the higher print head heat.

The Print/Output Order Dialog may be accessed in Composer by entering Control +D. You can also add it to your tool bar, which I recommend. See attached images below.

If you are using the layers feature in Composer, I recommend that you stop doing so. It will serve more to confuse you than do you any good. I recommend that you do your layouts on the same layer as long as all the objects, regardless of print fills or strokes, are on the same vinyl.

In case you're interested, here's a split screen shot of how I set up the Composer workspace for myself:

Composer 1.jpg Composer 2.jpg