• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx and HP Internal Print Server

bosdub

I recently replaced the computer running Onyx to a Win 11 machine. Onyx installs and runs fine with TCP\IP printers but crashes immediately when trying to connect to an HP Internal Print Server. Here's my config.

Onyx ProductionHouse v19
HP R2000
Brand New Win 11 PC.

Any thoughts?
TIA

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Delete the driver and try again maybe. Are you inputting the connection correctly?
Make it run as admin always.

bosdub

Have tried deleting driver and starting again multiple times. Yes to inputting the connection correctly. Have tried both manually entering the info and using the browse feature. Always running as Admin.

Thank you

bosdub

Of course Onyx says V19 is "not certified" for Win11. I'm guessing that even if I dropped the cash to upgrade to V22.5, I may still have the same issue.
And I'm sure HP will say it's an Onyx issue. So...

ikarasu

Of course Onyx says V19 is "not certified" for Win11. I'm guessing that even if I dropped the cash to upgrade to V22.5, I may still have the same issue.
And I'm sure HP will say it's an Onyx issue. So...
You get a 30-day free fully functional trial of onyx. Go to the website and download the trial, when you install it make sure you install it to a different location than your original and it won't over write it. That way you can see if it is Onyx or not

bosdub

You get a 30-day free fully functional trial of onyx. Go to the website and download the trial, when you install it make sure you install it to a different location than your original and it won't over write it. That way you can see if it is Onyx or not

I downloaded the free trial and that fixes the issue. I was hoping it may have installed something that would allow V19 to work but it did not. Thanks!

ikarasu

I downloaded the free trial and that fixes the issue. I was hoping it may have installed something that would allow V19 to work but it did not. Thanks!
Now I would reinstall your onyx version to a new folder as well, see if that fixes the issue .. it could be something happened during the install.

Onyx is glitchy sometimes. Mine will crash everytime my printer sends it new media width ... And I have to reinstall to fix it. Every few months to a year, a new update will break onyx and I have to reinstall from scratch

bosdub

I did try reinstalling V19. It did not fix whatever the issue is between V19 and Win11. Seems like this should be a simple problem to overcome but it is proving difficult.

Thanks for the assistance