• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Smart Apps Sign and Banner Plugin in Illustrator CC 2014 ??

Does anyone know how to get this working in Illustrator Creative Cloud. The website shows its only supported up to CS6. Would really like to use this on my brand new Mac...

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Onyx SmartApp Sign and Banner Plugin

Does anyone know how to get this working in Illustrator Creative Cloud. The website shows its only supported up to CS6. Would really like to use this on my brand new Mac...

Onyx SmartApp Sign and Banner Plugin for Illustrator CC(2014) alternative.

Does anyone know of any other software that does what this does? Talked to Onyx today and they said they've discontinued it and no longer support it. It does work up to Illustrator CS6. Since we have a Adobe CC, we can download Illustrator CS 6 and run them simultaneously to use this plugin. Kind of a pain though to have to open an ai file in a legacy version to use a really useful plugin.

Before anyone comments on the fact that they think we're stupid because we can't figure out how to place "dots" for grommets has never used this plugin and will never realize how useful it and how much faster it is is until they use it. When you do as many different size banners as we do, it works really well. It also works for two sided banners and loops, automatically adding everything it needs to make double sided line up perfect.

Our shop guys haven't had to measure for grommet placement for 2 years, and with an automatic grommeter, it is fast! $400 has been worth every penny!

dypinc

I prefer to use RIPs with this function already built in. Who wants to open clients PDFs with illustrator just to put in grommet or cut/trim marks for that matter.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I prefer to use RIPs with this function already built in. Who wants to open clients PDFs with illustrator just to put in grommet or cut/trim marks for that matter.

I agree that with client files it is a bit more work, but we would only do it for grommet marks, the rip will add cut/trim marks just not grommet placement. For us, we design 75% of what we produce, so having it integrated into illustrator is nice. Which RIP do you use, since apparently ONYX doesn't support that. I'm jealous.

Another thing we just found it, we can use it with CS6, but you have to have version 1.2 of the plug-in, we have 1.1. And we can't find 1.2 anywhere since they've pretty much eliminated it from there site. Does anyone have V1.2 they would be willing to email us?

That sucks, didn't know it was discontinued.

I will agree with the statement that it is pricey -- almost didn't purchase it because of that.

HEY ONYX,
You would sell more of these if it wasn't so expensive -- if it was cheaper I bet more people would've purchased it because it is a handy tool. I'm a little miffed right now that I purchased this and it isn't going to be supported any longer. (especially since I purchased it just a couple of months ago)

dypinc

I agree that with client files it is a bit more work, but we would only do it for grommet marks, the rip will add cut/trim marks just not grommet placement. For us, we design 75% of what we produce, so having it integrated into illustrator is nice. Which RIP do you use, since apparently ONYX doesn't support that. I'm jealous.

My personal favorite is Fiery XF, with it server and client for Mac or Windows setup, and pure WYSYG layout. I know Colorgate also allows you to place grommet marks. Caldera has a feature like this a well but I found it very hard to use when I was testing RIPs a couple of months ago.