• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx?

ARCOSigns

We are currently running Flexi 10.02 with very poor results. As I am writing this, I have been on hold with SAI tech support for nearly an hour trying to get tech support for our issues. Last two times we talked to their "support" we have been told we will recieve a call back, but no one bothers...

SO... We are currently considering onyx and Adobe Illustrator as a solution to our issues. I am highly proficient with Illustrator so that wont be and issue. We are a bit was curious about using onyx for cutting vinyl.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any feedback on onyx... yes, no, avoid like the plague?

thanks
-j

Freese

We are currently running Flexi 10.02 with very poor results. As I am writing this, I have been on hold with SAI tech support for nearly an hour trying to get tech support for our issues. Last two times we talked to their "support" we have been told we will recieve a call back, but no one bothers...

SO... We are currently considering onyx and Adobe Illustrator as a solution to our issues. I am highly proficient with Illustrator so that wont be and issue. We are a bit was curious about using onyx for cutting vinyl.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any feedback on onyx... yes, no, avoid like the plague?

thanks
-j

I hardly print to cut, but as far as a RIP, I will never use anything but Onyx (currently I have version 10)

I have never had issues with it. Once you learn all of the functions and features you will never go back. It is a solid piece of software in comparison to Flexi and espiecally compared to Mimaki's Rasterlink.

When I DO print to cut, I use Adobe with the Finecut plugin and also will never use anything else (also because I came from a prepress backround and swear by Illustrator).

If you have any other questions ask away!