• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oracal Questions

ams

I Thought 3m was top-notch stuff. Haven't been using it long but, no issues so far. What brand do you recommend (other than Oracrap)

Not at all, it's over priced and lasts about 2 years. I never had any 3M vinyl that would stick or would screw up. Two big time 3M users in town use it for everything and I swear 3 - 4 times a month I get a new customer complaining about a sign, window, vehicle, etc, most tell me it was done 1 - 2 years ago, I even had one tell me a few months.

I made a banner out of Oracal 651 cut vinyl back in summer of 2006, it's still standing today, looks great no fades, no cracking, no peeling. I agree that the 751 is crap, but Oracal makes very good products otherwise.

decalman

Take the brilliant blue off the 751 list, for sure

Oracle should take the brilliant blue off the 751 list, for sure. Leaving it on the list is incompetence .

They got very good vinyl. 651 might very well be the best of the calendered films .
I use it all the time. I've seen it after 4 or 5 years in the hot southwest summers, and it looks great, just stay far away from the metallics.

I just installed about 30 feet of graphics today, of 951, and I put it on dry. I'm wondering if I could have shot it with some wet slide spray?
:popcorn:

legacyborn

I've contacted Oracal numerous times to get a new color chart, they have never responded so I am not sure how I'm supposed to get these new charts that show these discrepancies anyways!

Someone told me to get them from my warehouse, but they are always out of them.

ams

I've contacted Oracal numerous times to get a new color chart, they have never responded so I am not sure how I'm supposed to get these new charts that show these discrepancies anyways!

Someone told me to get them from my warehouse, but they are always out of them.

Your local sales rep from your supplier will get them for you, don't call the company it's self. Also you can buy them for a few bucks online.

2B

Your local sales rep from your supplier will get them for you, don't call the company it's self. Also you can buy them for a few bucks online.

in theory the local rep should carry them and provide for free, however if they do carry them they charge you for them

fresh

In our experience, ALL metallic vinyls fail within 2 years. We use Avery for the most part, and have experienced the vinyl having burn marks. I think it has to do with how the sparkly flakes react when the sun hits it.

ams

in theory the local rep should carry them and provide for free, however if they do carry them they charge you for them

I got mine for free, multiple copies and an Avery one as well. Sales rep from Fellers is who gave me them

striper14

According to my color swatch Brilliant Blue is 7-10 year...of course my swatch is probably that old as well..I dont know about you guys in the US but all our Oracal stuff is from the EU, somewhere in Germany i'd guess & the lifespan is estimated according to an eastern european climate..but theres no excuse even for calendered breaking down that fast.. slight color fading or whitening i can live with but what you've got is horrendous

having said that I've had a lot of success with 751 vinyl & i enjoy using it. Cuts & weeds really well.. U just gotta remember its entry level cast vinyl.... never used brilliant blue tho..lol

Bobas Kalobas

Trash in oracal

hello,
over the past 6 months or so all my oracal vinyls have been having white bits of waxy paper through out the rolls of vinyl and it leaves permanant marks the ruin the vinyl. I buy it from Fellers. I mostly see it in 651 series. Anyone else suffering the same dilemma? What in the world are they doing over there in quality control? It used to be isolated bits in one area but now I get it all the time through out the roll. I will not send it back because they want to use my money (bill my card) and then send me the money back after the transaction is completed! why play with MY money, It is their low quality standards that is causing the problem.

hello,
over the past 6 months or so all my oracal vinyls have been having white bits of waxy paper through out the rolls of vinyl and it leaves permanant marks the ruin the vinyl. I buy it from Fellers. I mostly see it in 651 series. Anyone else suffering the same dilemma? What in the world are they doing over there in quality control? It used to be isolated bits in one area but now I get it all the time through out the roll. I will not send it back because they want to use my money (bill my card) and then send me the money back after the transaction is completed! why play with MY money, It is their low quality standards that is causing the problem.

Can you post some photos? I've been using Oracal exclusively for over 5 years and I've never seen this issue.

Vinyldog

Thanks for sharing this. I had never noticed the disclaimer on the 751 Brilliant Blue. My color fan says four years. Haven't had any complaints yet, knock on wood.

ams

hello,

I've been using Oracal for 7 years and it's never happened to me.

Vinyldog

hello,

Are you using full 50 yard rolls? Or shorter rolls that would require a roll-down at the warehouse?