• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PayPal WARNING

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
you really think your somebody, huh?

i think it's funny that you can remember the phone conversation almost verbatim, yet you don't recall the circumstances that lead to your drama....

What I think I am is someone who knows the difference between 'your' and 'you're' and understands where to use which.

The exact circumstances were that they wanted me to send them an email verifying something. Since I stopped listening after the part about sending them an email, that was not going to happen, it's unclear just what it was they wanted verified. Not that it mattered.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
What I think I am is someone who knows the difference between 'your' and 'you're' and understands where to use which.

come'on, i think you think just a wee bit more of yourself than that.....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
paypal is bad about locking down your account if there is an issue. If you have $3000 in your account and there is a problem with a lamp you bought for $10 they will lock your whole account down, thats why I keep no money in there. As soon as money is placed in that account it goes straight to another account.

Did you all ever notice how paypal was always wanting to "verify" your account? First it was a phone number and then after that it iwas an account you had to open, it was one thing after another I suprised they are still in business to be honest with you. They have nothing but Indian support that cant speak english about as well as a camel (insert racism) and they are no help.

Not my experience at all. The one dispute we ever had was for a couple of hundred dollars worth of goods a customer in Australia claimed he had never received. PayPal froze that amount of money but our account was still open and the rest of our funds free to use.

showcase 66

Not my experience at all. The one dispute we ever had was for a couple of hundred dollars worth of goods a customer in Australia claimed he had never received. PayPal froze that amount of money but our account was still open and the rest of our funds free to use.

Same here. Only problem I really ever had was when I was in college and was selling stuff on ebay. I used a dropship company and something was never delivered per my fault on giving the wrong shipping info. Even then, they only held up the $120+ amount.

It also depends on what type of paypal account you have. As for the verifying your account. Why would you get upset about that. Wouldnt you rather know that there are precautions in the work to make sure you are who you say you are instead of someone claiming to be you?

phototec

I said that I had just notified a representative of PayPal, that was sufficient and that if I ever, as in ever, was contacted by them for any reason or if they ever, as in ever, touched my life in any way that I was fully prepared to engage my attorneys and drive them into the sea.

Hey Bob,

Interesting story you tell, but don't fool yourself, your threat to call your attorney is a joke. PayPal which was purchased by Ebay, is a BILLION $ company and has many, many more lawyers than you my friend. And if push came to shove, I assure you, the outcome would have left you with the short end of the stick.

http://theurbantwist.com/2011/11/17...5-billion-and-now-paypal-is-worth-15-billion/

You would have been the one out to sea with out a paddle!

:ROFLMAO:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yeah a company that does that much business is bound to have some issues from time to time.

I challenge you to find another company even a fraction of this size with 100% satisfaction and no issues

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hey Bob,

Interesting story you tell, but don't fool yourself, your threat to call your attorney is a joke. PayPal which was purchased by Ebay, is a BILLION $ company and has many, many more lawyers than you my friend. And if push came to shove, I assure you, the outcome would have left you with the short end of the stick.

http://theurbantwist.com/2011/11/17...5-billion-and-now-paypal-is-worth-15-billion/

You would have been the one out to sea with out a paddle!

Yeah, that's why they folded their position.

Know the difference between marginal and subjective issues usually manifested as 'they said...we said' and refusal, not failure but refusal, to comply with a valid and perfectly clear request.

In the former the side with the most resources wins. In the latter, the complainant would prevail no matter what forces were arrayed against them. When I proceeded sufficiently far up the food chain to someone who actually understood the difference, the problem went away. Gracelessly but away nonetheless.

Pick your battles.