• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated window and installation pricing

mameighan

I don't do much perf.

I have a request for the following

2 windows 36x81
1 window 67 x81

I understand the bigger one would be two pieces

I can print myself or have it printed and then I install.

Where would you guys be on pricing? Ball parks are good. I just don't want to go crazy or shoot my self in the foot either.

Basic materials with ir without laminate.

Any help would be appreciated

Mark

Bigdawg

Just Me
Not trying to be "that person"

But

This is one of the things I don't understand about a pricing request such as this. I could understand "How much time do you think it would take to install these pieces?" but I don't understand how you can't determine pricing based on your material costs and hourly rates.

Don't get me wrong - this board is here to help out each other. But the variable between your pricing in Missouri vs. my pricing in Florida would be huge. So my price would have no bearing on what you should charge. I say this to help you out, not to bust on ya'.

Here's how we calculate:

Material cost x 5 (yes 5, not double or triple, but five times the cost for a 20% margin) + per piece charge
Labor time x hourly rate
Thrown in a little extra if needed for travel or other (we bill travel lower than the labor rate).

As far as material costs, we also have a small fee included (the per piece charge) in that pricing that covers the shop incidentals - it varies from a couple dollars a piece to around $10.

I hope this will help you figure out your true costs to determine pricing that would be right for you.

mameighan

Thank you for your response.

I understand the variables and the differences between states. Was just hoping for rough estimates.

If I buy preprinted I know how much it costs me bit not sure how much I should mark that up and them of course I can charge my hourly rate.

THanks for the input