• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop elements

dj_elite

Just got a new computer due to a bad hard drive on old one. I am trying to install photoshop elements on my new computer and it keeps telling me "cannot initialize photoshop elements because scratch disc is full". This is a brand new i7 with 8gb of ram and a 1.5tb hard drive. The only fix I can find says to go to preferences and change scratch disc, but I cant open up photoshop to get to preferences! Any help would be appreciated

phototec

I cant open up photoshop to get to preferences! Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried erasing your Photoshop Prefs? Here's the path if you don't know it: /Users/<<USERNAME>>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings/Adobe Photoshop CS3 Prefs.psp

Once you delete it, empty your trash and reboot. Unless the installation is completely corrupt, Photoshop should boot normally, though many (not all) of your settings will be returned to default.

Alternately, setup another User account and see if you can launch PS from there.