• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Poly-Metal or Alumacorr...

bendeane

Does anybody see a distinct advantage to alumacorr over polymetal for an outdoor sign panel being mounted directly to a building? See my attached pictures, I did the midway ford sign out of polymetal and the baseball sign out of alumacorr. Wondering if there is significant different in durability, ease of installing, etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 7MidwayDibond.jpg
    7MidwayDibond.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 199
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 135

omgsideburns

Don't forget about MaxMetal from Grimco either....

I don't think he is talking brands.. he talking about the aluminum/rubber composite board vs the aluminum skinned corrugated board.

10mm alumacor is thicker and more rigid.. more so than a sheet of polymetal, even the 6mm polymetal. It's also lighter. It really depends on your application.

Alumacor dents easy compared to poly metal.

bendeane

Don't kill me for saying this, but MaxMetal, DiBond, PolyMetal, etc. etc. I'm sort of lumping into the same category as Aluminum Composite Panels...

Tifosi

They basically are the same thing. On a flat surface such as a wall or solid frame post and panel job the polymetal works great. If there is a lack of support behind the polymetal it will flex and bend quickly.

Alumacorr is what we use for cheap and easy post and panel jobs where cross members aren't really needed.

Signed Out

Is alumacorr strong enough to rivet 2 7' lengths of angle iron into one side to use to be mounted on the side of a building with no visable hardware? I think the alumacorr with the trim cap will look alot nicer than the polymetal.

Craig Sjoquist

Alumacorr I've used because of availability and I know the cost and have only bought 4 mm
mounted on various building types all holding up well, all easy to mount some by myself.

The only thing I do not like is it does dent easily but with care that problem is solved.