• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powerclipping

timandmikki

I can get the powerclip to work with text, but whenever I open a graphic, for instance a maltse cross, and try to powerclip a background into it, only the lines of the cross have the design in it. I want to fill the background completely and not just the lines of the graphic. What am I doing wrong?

J Hill Designs

sounds like it is has outlines converted to curves, therefore making the clippable area only the compounded path-curves if that makes sense - try to break the cross apart, or if you apply a fill to it (any color) you will see if the inside fills or just the paths...

Rob N

My guess is that the cross has a contour applied and you are clicking the contour when power clipping. I agree with the other post, try to fill the cross with color.

rcook99

You may want to recreate just an outline of the maltese cross and then power clip your picture into it.

signage

If you are using X3 use the smart fill to create the new shape(s) for the inside and either group or select all then use power slip! Also under tools>workspace>Edit uncheck center power clip objects!

timandmikki

Ok, I got the smart fill to work, but when I power clip to it, I cant see the graphic I am clipping, just the smart fill. I tried to move it to the back, but nothing changed. What am I missing?

Joe Diaz

Maybe try right clicking on the power clip select "edit contents" and see if the image you are trying to power clip is positioned right within the shape.