• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Help for stripes on a trailer

BillyBoy86

I'm just curious as to what others might charge for this,

i'm putting 2 stripes all the way around a horse trailer, they are 3" wide, 1 will be red, 1 will be grey.
total length around the trailer is 500" (roughly)

i'll also be putting a couple of graphics on this trailer at the same time as installing the stripes.
i appreciate any help.

thanks!
Bill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are you quoting this..... are already doing it and wanna know what you can get ??

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Do the stripes have to be continuous, or are there breaks in the body? Is it a flat surface? What vinyl are you using? How long do you think it'll take you to do the stripes?

BillyBoy86

Do the stripes have to be continuous, or are there breaks in the body? Is it a flat surface? What vinyl are you using? How long do you think it'll take you to do the stripes?

the longest continuous piece will be roughly 10' - 12' otherwise they will be done in smaller sections.
all flat surface, but will have to possibly trim at 1 or 2 spots near the doors (man door on the side)
will likely use 751. i would estimate 3-4 hours to install

BillyBoy86

Are you quoting this..... are already doing it and wanna know what you can get ??

i haven't started yet, they want an estimated price before i put anything together.
basically they sent a picture of a trailer with a stripe that they liked, and i took some rough measurements of the new trailer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To keep it simple then....... Take your costs of materials, add your markup to it, plus your hourly rate, if there is travel time involved or not and add them together. Don't forget to add in your overhead, if you have any and any incidentals. The graphics will be extra, but use the same kinda calculations for them, too.

Problem with an open-ended request like this is...... everyone has different shop rates, to overhead costs to so many things. What the local market bear, what competition is gonna do and the list goes on.

That job could be worth anything from $200 up to $1,500 based upon your ability, reputation and what you want at the end of the day. Only YOU know what you hafta make to keep your doors open. Don't ever base your pricing on what the guy down the road needs/wants.

Good luck................ :rock-n-roll:

BillyBoy86

To keep it simple then....... Take your costs of materials, add your markup to it, plus your hourly rate, if there is travel time involved or not and add them together. Don't forget to add in your overhead, if you have any and any incidentals. The graphics will be extra, but use the same kinda calculations for them, too.

Problem with an open-ended request like this is...... everyone has different shop rates, to overhead costs to so many things. What the local market bear, what competition is gonna do and the list goes on.

That job could be worth anything from $200 up to $1,500 based upon your ability, reputation and what you want at the end of the day. Only YOU know what you hafta make to keep your doors open. Don't ever base your pricing on what the guy down the road needs/wants.

Good luck................ :rock-n-roll:

yeah, i know it was a pretty vague question. i normally don't do just stripes. i usually try to sell something a bit more complex, as far as design. thanks for your help!

decalman

A 15 foot trailer I take it? 751, 2 rolls, 15 in. rolls = about 100$ cut it and tape it = 85$ install about 165, at 3 hrs That's what I'd do it for.