• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head alignment

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hi all,
Well, I just changed two print heads on my sc540 and everything worked out great,... except When doing the test print, Im getting misalignment. I did the bidirectional alignment and adjusted, but still getting a little fuz when printing. Heres a pic of the test print. If you notice the both are fine half way up, then it moves ever so slightly to one side. Im sure there is an adjustment, I just dont know where. Any help would be appreciated.
Jim

p.jpg

SIGNTIME

go into service mode and do an alignment and bias test print looks like you need to do a manual alignment on cyan head... in service mode Select [PRINT MENU] > [HEAD ADJUST] > [BIAS] >[TEST PRINT] menu and press the [ENTER] key. the test print will show if the print head is square or not if there is a step in the line on the test print that head needs to be adjusted with the adjustment screw.

cajun312

I have a versacamm and when doing the head bias adjustment there is a way to adjust with the keypad instead of manually.

Stormyj

Just another guy
I have a versacamm and when doing the head bias adjustment there is a way to adjust with the keypad instead of manually.

And how is that??

I dont think the sc540 has the keyboard adjustment. you have to loosen up the mountinging screws and turn the allen head screw in the front, easy, but tedious. If anyone else needs help adjusting theirs, let me know.

cajun312

And how is that??

I dont think the sc540 has the keyboard adjustment. you have to loosen up the mountinging screws and turn the allen head screw in the front, easy, but tedious. If anyone else needs help adjusting theirs, let me know.

From what I remember it prints a different pattern than what the head alignment does, I had a Magenta border on one side and a cyan border on the other, easily got it back to normal by adjusting from the test print with the keypad.

Stormyj

Just another guy
It is a different print. long vertical lines for each print head. The are off in the middle if the print head is not square to the material. Its very well spelled out in the service manual. Its actually called a bias print like above mention.

C. Gopal

hi to all, can u help me to perform Vertical colour alignment on my Roland RF-640 versaexpress... a video link would be great