• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing a large banner

StickyBoyz

Good morning,

I have a customer who is interested in getting a couple 8ft x 8ft banners made. I have a Mutoh 1204 which will print roughly 48" wide. For all you banner experts, who would most of you go about making and quoting these out. I would like to do it in house but let me know if there is a place that makes 8ft x 8ft banners or would you print decals and place them on a pre-made banner? The banners will be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes.

Thanks and let me know what you guys are thinking?

royster13

I find the suggestion of joining 2 pieces together quite amusing.....In my mind (and I am not the client so it might not matter) that will result in less than the best possible job....

Circleville Signs

It depends on what it is being used for. If it is going to be viewed up close and personal, then yes, you are best to have it done on a grand format printer. Of course, if it isn't and you have access to a banner welder, then print it yourself in multiple pieces and have it welded.

Gary