• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question printing gift bags?

netsol

a good friend's daughter is getting married and wants to get some gift bags printed
when we were looking at the mutoh hybrid i saw a fairly lengthy video that showed all the capabilities of this series machine
one of the things it showed was printing shopping bags (like you would get at macy's or nordstrom's )
i checked with our mutoh distributor and they are unfamiliar with this type of product.
was this one of those things that mutoh envisioned developing into a big product line that never took off?

so, is there a source to buy this sort of printable item?

will this be one of those projects that i will live to regret starting?

gnubler

will this be one of those projects that i will live to regret starting?
If it's for a friend/relative, then yes.
For a small quantity like this I'd just apply decals to the bags.
I imagine the printed ones are printed flat and then assembled/glued.

netsol

If it's for a friend/relative, then yes.
For a small quantity like this I'd just apply decals to the bags.
I imagine the printed ones are printed flat and then assembled/glued.
i will try to find the mutoh video where they show a bag bring printed and coming out of the mutoh fully assembled.
they are allegedly NOT ASSEMBLED AFTER PRINTING

I WOULD THINK you would need a jig to hold the bag stationary & print one at a time

BigNate

depending on the size of the bag and the graphics, using an older offset press may be what you need - something like the AB Dick 360... very old, but I have printed a lot of bags through these. Basically if the folded flat bag can fit in the feeder, the impression springs (this is why the AB Dick, others use bearers which will not work) will give enough to let the entire bag go through. (it tends to smash the blanket, so use an old one or just be prepared to replace.) ...

unmateria

You can do very fast screen printing just cutting a mask in textile poliuretane and ironing in a screening mesh. Just staple it to a wooden frame, and pickup an ink that works for the type of bag for screening. Sound like much work, but if its monochrome its stupidly fast.
I have made screens even with a 3d printer...lol but the faster way for me is the textile poliuretane way (just dont iron too much and at no more than 150-160C... When the mesh is marked, its ok and will last a lot). With the 3d printer didnt last much, it doesnt stick perfect to the mesh so it delaminate fast. Ah! You can print the liner paper of any vynil inverted in a láser printer and ironing it on the bag just some seconds (is much faster than a normal transfer) but will only work on paper, wood, etc

Bengt Backhaus

I have done similar things a couple of times.
I do it with transfer vinyl and heat it on.
Cutting vinyl for one color stuff, printable transfer if multi-color.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Etsy has what you need!

1691151989028.png

1691152045678.png