• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

program not responding

tintnit

ok need some help
when using corel x3 and designing i throw in my fills
but when i start doing transparencies or fades my computer takes forever to process the commands then once im working on my forth or fifth layer my computer wont even let me move the objects at all
so do i need to work with these fills on separate pages or what
while im working on a design i work in 5 to 10% of what the graphic is going to be and for simple design with 2 to 3 fills it works great can someone help me out

jiarby

Get a 64bit O/S, lotsa ram, faster HDD's, and a Quad Proc. 1.5gb isn't enough to run your O/S and Corel. Redo's means making changes to the art after adding the bitmap effects.

Mine does the same thing, with a single core 3.2ghz P4, w/ 2mb L2... 3.2gb RAM. Gradients and large bitmaps kill it.

Dont apply bitmaps/effects until the END of your design to minimize screen re-draws... Also Auto-Save kills it with large files.

Techman

but I do understand how that would affect the program performance.

It affects the system by loading up the memory.
Because each time you make a change to your graphic,, it makes a copy of that graphic. Thus, if you have an image that is 10 megs in size, and make a change,, corel stores a copy of that in memory. After about 15 changes you can see by the laws of physics that 15 images multiplied by 10 megs is how much???

That is why a user will reduce the undo's to about 15 if you are working with larger files...

R08

You can check your task manager (alt cntl delete) and check the performance tab. You can keep it open and see if ram is the problem. You may find that just shutting down internet explorer may be enough.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
2 more things to check:
First, in the "Options" menu under "Memory" see what the allowed value is set to.
I know the default is set pretty low.
I run mine at 65% on a 2gig system.

Second, under the "General" tab see what your bitmap "Rendering Resolution" is set to - it may be too high for the scale you are working at.

wayne k
guam usa