• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Propane Trucks Letters Lifting

LMSigns24

Which vinyl is best for Propane Trucks? Lettered already with Oracal Cast and letters are peeling off. The letters that did stay on, are starting to peel from the top. Looks like its bubbling and will be off in about a month! starting at the top of the letters.

OldPaint

propane.........in tanks.......have radical temp changes.....
if we had a bucket full of liquid propane and the temperature was below -44 degrees Fahrenheit the propane would remain a liquid at normal atmospheric pressure. The propane would look and act just like water does in its liquid form. If we raise the temperature of the propane in the bucket above -44 degrees it would look and act just like water in a pot on the stove, it would boil and vaporize. The propane would continue to boil and vaporize until the bucket was empty.
THEN you have VINYL sitting on a tank temp that is COLD, with the sun heating it............off it comes... Paint on these trucks works better.......as the paint will stay the same as the tank...temp.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When these trucks are cleaned, do they stand on the top and spray downward, then get the bottom from the ground ??

I've always thought the tanks were at least double lined/insulated to prevent problems, but I could be wrong on that one. I would sooner think they are being forced off due to wrong maintenance procedures. Starting at the top, generally means something is dripping or pouring over it causing the adhesive to let go.

ol'phart

Oracal?

The last time I used Oracal cast material I ended up replacing the graphics on 30 of my clients trucks. I do a lot of propane trucks and use 3M cast material without any problems. You want to think it's the propane tank thats causing the problem but I actually think it's the material.

Good Luck

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I lettered a propane truck a few years ago with 751 Cast or 851 (this was before 951) and it's still holding up fine. Perhaps they are aggressively washing the truck with a pressure washer, the tank had new paint on it that outgassed, or maybe the tank didn't get cleaned well enough to get a good bond.

Sidney

Try hand painting

Try reverse weeding and paint with One Shot...that paint lasts on cars, boats and tankers!!!

Bobas Kalobas

wrapping the globe Propane Tank

Has anyone tried to wrap a 3x3 ft image on the end of the tank "globe" area? I have a customer that is wanting images on all 4 corners of the tank "imagine it having corners". I literally am being asked to apply an image to a ball. Can it be done? or should I send him away with just the main copy that I just put on the tank sides?

rdm01

Sounds like you may need to start a new topic in order to get helpful responses.

You can go to the applicable forum and click start new thread to do so.