• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

R2000 White Underflood quality issues.

jallison25

Hello,

I have been having this problem off and on and wanted to know how to fix this.

In the photo below, you can see there are zones where it seems like to the white is peeking through. The right side is the end of the print. I assumed it was air pressure related because the white zones line up with the fan nozzles. I tried changing the airflow and temps but nothing helped.
PXL_20240517_112246442.jpg
White Poly Settings.PNG

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Your optimizer is very low. You could try to raise that.
Same with printzone temperature and airflow, it's very low.
Might not be drying the white properly.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Around 20% is usually good but doesn't mean it's always perfect. You can check the generics, see how much a similar profile has. 10% is on the low side anyway.
Also check your nozzle health especially white printheads. Alignment should be check as well.

jallison25

Around 20% is usually good but doesn't mean it's always perfect. You can check the generics, see how much a similar profile has. 10% is on the low side anyway.
Also check your nozzle health especially white printheads. Alignment should be check as well.
Okay I'll keep that in mind. thanks.

jallison25

So I updated my settings and ran another sample. Instead of the light zones showing up towards the end, they show up in the beginning and fade away towards the end.

Bumped the OP to 35%, the drying temp to 135 and the pressure to 110.

jallison25

Your optimizer is very low. You could try to raise that.
Same with printzone temperature and airflow, it's very low.
Might not be drying the white properly.
UPDATE: So below is a sample I printed this morning. I used the generic transparent solid plastic media with the 33P underflood printmode. I don's know how well you can see it, but at the end of the print (the right side) the color get darker. My guess it's from the last few passes but I don't know how to fix this. Especially since this is in the generic profile. Not a copy.

PXL_20240523_124010882.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
My guess is that it has to do with the vacuum sucking more at the edge. Just a guess..
You can try to lower the vacuum or use a leader/rear helper board.