• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raster and Vector Image Customer Rant

I can only say one thing canva.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Four times today I have issues with files from Canva.
This is making people think they are designers but certainly is not helping us the signmakers/large format printers.

SC

As soon as I see it's a PNG I know it's a Canva file. Canva has several ways to save the file but it's been really hard educating our customers about that. I even did a trial subscription to Canva Pro to see all the options and how they work, including being able to download as a vector. I ended up creating a PDF Canva info sheet to send our customers. I've even had customers share their access to the file so I could scale it to the correct size in Canva. And then some customers use Canva-licensed graphics and you can't download the file at all unless they pay.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Make sure when you send them a proof you call it "front_sign_proof_easy_and_profitable_customer.png" when they ask tell them you're using the same hope and a prayer file naming system they are.
You only need 3 or 4 more descriptive words, and it could be a product description on Amazon :toasting:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So, I know we all get crap from canva, but sometimes customers are good at it, and can build and send producible artwork.
Then there are those who can't figure it out or don't have the time...and send me their login so I can export what I need. :roflmao: I've had at least three different customers do this.