• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Re-cutting, starting with a specific panel. Is it possible on a Summa T S2 160 OPOSCAM?

natallica

Graphics Guru
Hey guys, every once-in-a-while when cutting a job I'll run into a situation where the machine needs 'human assistance' to help locating the marker on certain materials. I understand you'll have to recenter the knife over the mark, press OK, and away she goes (even though the cut can be off a tad for a few feet till it fixes itself).

However the other day, Cutter (Camera) Control absolutely WOULD NOT detect the marker in the middle of a 8 ft job. Tried it at least 20 times. It showed up on the 'Camera' pop-up screen but would never quickly flash the green outline around it. I colored it in with a Sharpie, blocked it in with masking tape, put matte Scotch tape over it, nothing would work, aside from restarting SCC and grabbing the job again from the beginning. I ended up restarting the job from the beginning and it cut the entire job without human intervention.

My question:

Is it possible, on the machine, or in the software (Flexi 22 subscription or SCC) to reload the job and only begin cutting from say "Panel 5 or 7"(as indicated on the cutter panel where it was at the time of cut failure) as opposed to re-cutting the job from the beginning? I'm running barcodes (top/bottom) and I realize I can just load it in backwards and stop the job when the 2 ends meet, but usually there is over-cutting until I see where to stop it exactly, and that's usually just as bad as it cutting over whats already been cut, which never matches up 100%. There's always little 'vinyl hairs' leftover or it actually ruins the cut or outlines in some cases.

It would be great if you could just align the knife over 'said marker' and select somewhere "Start cutting @ Panel 5, or Panel 7" and have it pick up where it left off? Seems like it would work in theory (if it doesn't already) and it shouldn't be hard to implement within the software seeing as all of the X/Y coordinates and Panel Info should be there anyway.

Hopefully someone chimes in here, can't seem to figure it out on my own.

Thanks Guys!
-N8

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Nope.
I have found that if I have a Large job and it dosent read the barcode the first time, just restart and resend the job.
If you are not using barcodes and the sensor does not read the first crop mark, hit the retry button and if it only reads one side of the crop mark, Stop the job, realign and start over.