• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent font I just finished

I spent a few hours here and there over the last couple of months creating this font. I think it's pretty cool and original. What do you guys think? I call it "Maxx Voltage" because I couldn't think of anything better at the time. Perhaps a better name is in order? I decided to kill a few uncommonly used characters to create the Inc., Co., LLC, Est., Phone, and And just for something different. The best part about designing your own typefaces is when you get to enjoy designing with them.

Attachments

• Maxx Voltage Characters SMALL.jpg
    Maxx Voltage Characters SMALL.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Maxx Voltage Sample SMALL.jpg
    Maxx Voltage Sample SMALL.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Maxx Voltage Lorem SMALL.jpg
    Maxx Voltage Lorem SMALL.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 51

Jillbeans

I like it.
I like that you added the alts also.
Agreed about where do we buy it.
(and just wait until you see your baby squished and stretched)
Love....Jill

I think you did a good job with it. Is this your first time creating a font?

It's becoming quite a hobby of mine. I've got about a half dozen that are finished and about as many that I am currently working on. I don't know if I intend to sell them or not but it sounds like it might not be a bad idea to release them some day. I need to upgrade my software from the home version to the professional version first. It has a lot more feautures that are time saving like auto kerning among other things.

Jillbeans

I said that because of something my friend Arthur Vanson once told me.
To paraphrase (I wish you could hear his delightful accent, something like the Geico Gecko)
"You can create something, and it's a satisfying feeling, until you see what some people do with your alphabet".
:smile: