• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent simple free standing sign

SignManiac

Here's a slightly better detail shot for you GP.

Attachments

• canguru close.jpg
    canguru close.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 97

mtroup

Very nice!.. I have a couple of questions though, how did you attach the dibond panels to the 4x4? and what material did you use for the edge capping?

I am thinking that the screws are behind the address panels, etc but I'm unsure.. I have been wanting to do something similar for awhile after seeing it a few times as most others in my area wouldn't bother to take the time to do it.

SignManiac

I am thinking that the screws are behind the address panels, etc but I'm unsure.

You are correct. The Dibond is fastened to the 4"x4" post on the top behind the address panel, and if you look down at the bottom, you will see a bullet below the scroll. A lag bolt there with a white plastic cap covering it. The side covers are 3/4" PVC.

I enjoy finding ways to hide the fasteners. It gets easy after a while. These types of signs are easy to sell and get top dollar for if you learn to design something out of the ordinary. And design signs that your competitors can't easily reproduce. Raise the bar and make the others chase you!

Last edited:

mtroup

Nice.. I have to quote a job tomorrow and depending on what they are looking for I think I might try this technique out.