• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Refresh problems (Omega & Corel)

meltsner

I'm having a rather bad problem with screen refreshing problems. I'm not exactly sure when or where it started, but we recently got a bigger computer (with a GeForce 8600 video card), so that may be it.

All of a sudden, Omega will refresh the workspace, and most often it messes things up (i.e., objects will disappear, be cut in pieces, guidelines will disappear, new objects will pop up, and various other things). I have to use F7 to manually refresh it, but this gets VERY annoying as it often does it several times in a row, within several seconds. Also, usually it's when working on something (not when the computer is idle).

Also, this started happening in CorelDraw (using X4) recently, but doesn't refresh quite as often. I know this isn't the Corel forum, but could someone offer advice here too?

So, is this possibly an issue with the video card, or what? Anybody else have this problem?

:thankyou:

Tony Teveris

It's NOT the applications, it's the video driver itself and the hardware. You need to lower the capabilities of the video driver via the DIsplay Properties / Advance tab / Hardware Acceleration.

meltsner

It's NOT the applications, it's the video driver itself and the hardware. You need to lower the capabilities of the video driver via the DIsplay Properties / Advance tab / Hardware Acceleration.

That would make sense. Without looking at the settings (not at that computer right now), I'm thinking it is set to max or near max (quality, at least. Not sure about hardware acceleration)

Honestly, I can't imagine it would be a memory issue (on second thought, I believe it is either 3 or 4gb), but it might be a consideration. Also, forgot to mention that it's a quad core computer.

I'll try lowering the acceleration and see if that helps. Didn't know if it was the programs or not (didn't really suspect them, as both Omega and Corel both started doing it about the same time).

Thanks for the help!