• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remove Back Ground

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's been a few years since I last tested any of the third party masking plugins for Photoshop, but at the time I concluded I got a much better mask
by spending the time and doing it right. Now, granted their are times that they actually work, but in those cases you can most likely doing it very fast yourself in photoshop. Unless they have greatly improved since I last looked at them I would still not purchase any of them. That said, for many sign applications they can provide a mask that is good enough. However, if its for something other than a sign viewed at a great distance I would stay away from it.

Jim

I agree with what you've said. In testing the three I mentioned, I found that each had images it did better than the others and each had lots of images that it didn't handle well at all. I don't own any of them and do all my isolations in Photoshop.

But in case anyone is thinking of buying, onOne is having a sale for the next three days.

phototec

Doing it right?

It's been a few years since I last tested any of the third party masking plugins for Photoshop, but at the time I concluded I got a much better mask by spending the time and doing it right.

Doing it right? You can drop out the wispy background from blowing hair, smoke, or a bride's vial? I would like to see that. Even if you could, it would take you days to do it, Mask Pro can do it perfectly in just minutes.

I think you need to do your homework, because technology has changed in the last decade! I have been using Photoshop since I beta tested it for Adobe back in the 80's, I can do many, many things with Photoshop software, however the intricate detail that Mask Pro can mask on a pixel level would take me forever.

See the photo below, go ahead and mask out the sky, the client wants to change the sky in the photo. How long will it take you DOING IT RIGHT?

Watch the video: http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/mask-pro/

Well guess what, it has already been done, the trees and leaves have already been masked using mask Pro and this is the new sky!

Attachments

• mp-Masking-Aspens-Edit-after.jpg
    mp-Masking-Aspens-Edit-after.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 84

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
See the photo below, go ahead and mask out the sky, the client wants to change the sky in the photo. How long will it take you DOING IT RIGHT?

Watch the video: http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/mask-pro/

Well guess what, it has already been done, the trees and leaves have already been masked using mask Pro and this is the new sky!

Oh come on, that video has obviously been Photoshopped.......
:rolleyes:

(nice link)

wayne k
guam usa

James Chrimes

there is a free trial download. If you follow the instructions on1 and corel knock out both do a great job super fast. What does anyone have to loose with a free trial?

Custom_Grafx

I really like the different approach Mask Pro uses to separate the background, by assigning keep and drop colors and simply painting away the background, this allows you to adjust how much or how little to eliminate and tweak to perfection. I know of no other way to remove the background from hair as good as this works.

Don't get me wrong, I don't work for OnOne, but I have been using their products for a very long time and really like them, I find it a better deal to purchase the entire suite. There other biggie is Perfect Resize (formerly known as Genuine Fractals) is the industry standard for enlarging and resizing images. It is renowned across the photographic and printing industries for its ability to increase image size without the loss of sharpness or detail that you might normally expect. The patented, fractal-based interpolation algorithms work like nothing else and the results speak for themselves.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/

:rock-n-roll:

Had a look at the site and info - looks very impressive. That would come in handy in a lot of situations.