• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remove Small dots and circle

I am doing a series of pictures as stencils. We want to vinyl cut them all. I have come up with a pretty good program to get the pictures to a cuttable stencil. The only problem is sometimes I am left with a lot of really tiny dots and such all around the image I want to cut. I am wondering if there is a way to get flexi or the production manager to not cut things smaller then a certain size. So that it automatically takes all of these out without having to individually select and delete everything. Or is there another program that can do it. Any help is much appreciated.

paul luszcz

We use a simple workaround that may help you.

Depending on the size of the graphics, put an outline on it just large enough so that the small dots disappear.

The take the new, larger image and put a negative outline of the same size to return it to it's original size.

The dots will be gone.

Ok I don't believe that will work for us. Maybe give you a better idea. attached is one of the stencilized photos. This is how the customer wants them but I need to get rid of all the really tiny stuff in the middle areas.

Attachments

• aaron.jpg
    aaron.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 80
Actually I guess I didn't understand it when I read it the first time. I have tried it now and it works pretty good. You loose some of the definition. I attached the changed file also so you can see the difference.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 93

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
When you're in a boxing match, are you going to give your opponent the punch combo to knock you out??

That's how I see this place. Most of us are in a fight for the same money.

I am here to entertain.

I didn't see entertainment as an acceptable reason to be a member of this forum. Maybe an admin could clarify that. This is a knowledge base for everyone in the sign industry. If you don't want to work to improve the quality of the sign industry then maybe your comments would be more acceptable on a social media website... ie facebook, tumbler..... troll.

qmr55

Man, that looks like a pain to weed! What is your customer using them for? Could you possible print on clear? Just an idea.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I own a sign business, hence I belong here.

Stay on your knees, troll.

Why don't you show some respect to the "forum" and PAY the $50/year?

So what your saying is you save all your good advice for the paid forums and just troll around causing trouble on all the other forums. I might not pay but at least I contribute.

Man, that looks like a pain to weed! What is your customer using them for? Could you possible print on clear? Just an idea.

Yea we have thought about that. But until the printer is up and running again we have no way to print. Is not a huge project but just didn't want to weed all the tiny stuff. I got the answer solved.
Thanks.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
My first comment was meant to help.

I always point out copyright/trademark infringement, some donkey's don't know.

Ok I don't believe that will work for us. Maybe give you a better idea. attached is one of the stencilized photos. This is how the customer wants them but I need to get rid of all the really tiny stuff in the middle areas.

I'd take it into photoshop and draw out the stuff you dont want - then do the outline inline approach. Illustrator also has a simplify path command if you have that.

Snydo

For what it's worth, enhanced corners and/or enhanced curves in Flexi is pretty good at leaving out the little junk stuff, tweak the sliders until you are satisfied.