• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing corel 9

wes70

Just upgraded from 9 to 14. I still have 9 installed but want to remove it. Can I do so even though X4 is an upgrade?

Also, I can't find text kerning and spacing in the text docker? Any idea why?

Thanks

OldPaint

i would have DELETED 9, rebooted machine, then installed X4.but corel does a good job of overwriting old filesthat are windows related.

R08

So basically I could have installed X4 upgrade without having 9 already installed?

Yes you could have. Actually X4 in not an upgrade in the strict sense but a newer version as Techman alluded to.
I started with Corel 1 many moons ago.
I just realized I still have versions 8,11,12,13 as well as 14 installed. No reason for it just never got around to deleting them. But I can still start each one independently.

JoySigns

For kerning under the text header check character formatting. You have to select and highlight the text you want to kern in order to do it. For line spacing you have to go to paragraph formatting. I liked the way the older version (9) allowed access to the spacing issues.

wes70

Thanks Joy. For line spacing I have been moving the text by breaking it apart. So, again, thanks for the info!

Wes