• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing FB700 internal hard drive?

tedbragg

Are there any guides (official or unofficial) for replacing the internal hard drive for the FB700 series? I'm aware it's not SATA but some kind of IDE mutant. Also, the drive has to be cloned bit-for-bit (I've got the hardware to do this). Is there a thread on here going thru this?

Are there any guides (official or unofficial) for replacing the internal hard drive for the FB700 series? I'm aware it's not SATA but some kind of IDE mutant. Also, the drive has to be cloned bit-for-bit (I've got the hardware to do this). Is there a thread on here going thru this?
Depending on the manufacturing year of your printer it could be a standard ide or a sata ide. You can tell by the connection. I would recommend to save the image on a safe server somewhere an the restore your new drive from that image to test everything is working. I would use Clonezilla for that operation

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
There have been many converstions on this topic in the fine art printing world. Mark Lindquist and Ernst Dinkla are quite knoledgable. They're concerned with the designjet 3100/3200 era printers and go into details on service and repair, including the HDD and formatter board
http://z3200.com/ for a start. I honestly don't know whether this will help, but HP Barcelona would often reuse working systems...