• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

retrieve original file from Versaworks?

DGDesigns

I sent an eps file to my Roland SP 540i and forgot to save it in Flexi. The file is now in the "RVW" format. Is there any way to retrieve the file back out of Versaworks as an "eps"?

DGDesigns

I designed it in Flexi, converted it to an eps and sent it Versaworks. unfortunately I never saved it while it was in Flexi..."Do you want to save changes to Untitled 1" message appeared and i just closed it out. Now it's in Versaworks in quere A listed as an eps, but I can't figure out how to transfer it.

cgsigns_jamie

As long as the job is still in your print queue you can retrieve the original files from VersaWorks.

To do this open the VersaWorks program folder in Windows Explorer. Typically this is listed under Program Files on you "C:" drive.

So, to find your files:
C:\Program Files\VersaWorks\VersaWorks\Printers\"YOUR PRINTER"\Job-A\"YOUR FILE NAME"

Inside the "Job-A" or "Job-B" folder will be a list of folders with the same name as the file in the queue. Inside each of these job folders are the files VW uses to print the file as well as the original EPS, TIFF, PDF, JPG, whatever, file you originally sent to VW.

Simply select the file and save a copy wherever you'd like

DGDesigns

THANK YOU, JAIME !!!!! IT WORKED !!! You just saved my butt and a ton of extra time redrawing the logo. I knew there had to be a way. :notworthy: