• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RFID and ink type

D3D

Does anyone know if changing the RFID from 256 to 257 on the Oce Arizona printers does anything other than control which inks are used in the system? For example are there any adjustments made to the way inks discharge, meniscus pressure or anything? My guess is no, that these machines are not that smart.

Does anyone know if changing the RFID from 256 to 257 on the Oce Arizona printers does anything other than control which inks are used in the system? For example are there any adjustments made to the way inks discharge, meniscus pressure or anything? My guess is no, that these machines are not that smart.
You can do this without problems. If you change the ink tags from 256 to 257 the temperature will change to 45 degrees. Now(256 is 47).
It is not a big problem.
By changing the temperature of the ink you will also change the viscosity of the ink.
You can edit the registers and get the temperature your ink requires if it has such requirements at all.
Because of these two degrees, it is possible to change the meniscus vacuum to some extent.
It all depends on the density of your ink.
You certainly won't kill the machine.
You probably won't notice the difference. You will need a microscope.
You can also mix the tags. You will need a service key or go through the short flush procedure without flushing anything.
This will cost you about 30 minutes. With service key about 2 minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D
Great info, just the answers I was looking for!
I know :))))
Keep going and if you see that the ink seems thicker when purging or you start losing nozzles while printing, you will need to change the temperature through the printer registers. Two degrees isn't much, but it's still a difference.
However, let's not forget that these temperatures are set for the original ink. Аll calculations are basis of this ink. If we are looking for an absolutely perfect result, then we comply with the manufacturer's requirement and ink in general.
If you change the ink density, you may need to change the vacuum slightly as well. It all depends on the result after the tag change.
In most cases, no change is necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

ToTo

Professional Support
Head voltage applied will also be changed cause the effective voltage is based on ph parameter and an factor which is ink type related. In fact there might be a visible alignment error, which can be recalibrated.