• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland BN-20 does anyone know?

netsol

i just bought a beat up roland bn-20 "parts machine"
UPS dropped it on it's head, the seller collected from insurance & sold the head carriage

everything powers up, so i figure it is a candidate for "buy 2 and make a good one" but i was wondering, is the head carriage assembly the same (or very similar) in any of the 30" print and cut machines? i am trying to decide what to add on to my ebay/craigslist etc searches. would a 30" print and cut with a bad main board be a good starting point?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Carriage itself I think is unique to the unit but it does share some parts here and there with other units.

netsol

i have several epson with aqueous printheads. i think i will just find the closest match, clear the aqueous printhead & do a bit of fabrication
i knew it was good that i didn't get rid of the epson junk pile yet

netsol

and there is a solvent manifold laying right on my desk from the last project machine.
i will need to find a carriage board

netsol

it might be more trouble than it's worth. i may just shelve everything & watch ebay/craigslist/offerup/facebook marketplace/merkari
& "make one out of two machines". i acquired a beat up machine with good system board and power supply, etc
the next intact bn-20'with bad systemboard might make more sense (i love a project like this, "bringing one back from the dead") but sometimes i don't account for the value of my time. these projects take me away from selling and producing signs. there is a lot of satisfaction in pulling this type of thing off.

ikarasu

Sometimes you have to value the fun / experience at more than you value the amount you could make if you just focussed on selling stuff.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy!