• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GS-24 won't measure material at start up PLEASE HELP!

beibzonsigns

Hi! I've been using the GS-24 for several years and have never had an issue with it. Suddenly, I turned it on, loaded the vinyl and selected the sheet. Doesn't matter if I choose Roll, Edge or Piece, the cutting carriage will move to the right pinch roller and take the width measurement there. It will not move to the left pinch roller at all. So then I'm stuck with a 0.0 inch width measurement. I can't even move the cutting carriage to the left using the arrow buttons. Basically, I can't cut a single thing. Please help!!

beibzonsigns

change the cut cable?
if not that, i. would want to verify 5vdc on the sensor
I've never changed a single part on my machine besides the blades. So perhaps a sensor issue? I've been trying to get in contact with service providers, have yet to receive any kind of response back.

netsol

years ago, we serviced vcrs, camcorders & commercial & broadcast video equipment
THE HANDIEST TOOL for this kind of problem is a credit card sized tester, it is treated so it visibly reflects invisible infra red light. 10 second test & you can be sure the sender is "sending" & 5v is good

give me a day or so tosee if these are still made & what wavelength the card needs to reflect.

like these:

but it needs to be the right series