• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

samix73

Hello friends . to start our little printing activities we started our roland sp 540v. we have just changed the printheads. however we are unable to make the bi-directional settings, in fact each print test is totally different and inconsistent without even changing the parameters. is it an encoder problem?
You can see on picture the print test directly in versawork, and the bi directionnel print test .
Ps: sorry for my english ( french are not good with internationale langage haha)

Attachments

• 20230701_140149.jpg
    20230701_140149.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
  • 20230701_140211.jpg
    20230701_140211.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96

damonCA21

I would clean, or change the encoder strip first as it seems to be losing its position on the bi-directional printing as you can see by it printing the numbers in different places rather than on top of each other like it should. If that doesn't help then it could be the encoder sensor isn't reading the strip properly. Both of these are quite cheap and easy to change

damonCA21

In the service menu there is a setting for linear encoder setup and linear encoder calibration. Run thess first and see if the results improve. This should be done before any head alignments are done.

samix73

Hello damon, you was right :) i just clean the linear encoder and i have great résultat .
:) all test print are really good :) my sp 540v is ready to run and calibrate. Now i will need to find the manual user for Versawork to starting to learn how to do great print .
IMG-20230702-WA0051.jpeg