• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XC-540 no heads firing

mprepairs

Ok, so we purchased an old neglected XC-540 and replaced all main parts that were bad. Including all 6 heads. They were old, and some had head strike on them. Changed all rank numbers and set up machine. Pulled ink from all heads and all caps were also replaced OEM. Now we set it to test print but we are getting 0 firing. No prints at all. All cables to the heads are also new. No fuses are blown and transistors are good. So i'm sure there is something I am missing. Weather one of the main boards is the issue or something. I'm not getting any service errors. And I can send jobs to it, but heads wont fire. Not one out of the 6. I just dont wanna buy a new head board to end up in the same place. Thanks in advance.

damonCA21

Run a powerful clean and see if you are getting ink coming through the heads. If there is, then it does sound like a faulty board. This is always a risk buying a printer that hasn't been used for a long time. You have to wonder why they weren't using it!
Were the old heads printing at all or all of them dead?

mprepairs

Run a powerful clean and see if you are getting ink coming through the heads. If there is, then it does sound like a faulty board. This is always a risk buying a printer that hasn't been used for a long time. You have to wonder why they weren't using it!
Were the old heads printing at all or all of them dead?
I know coming through the heads. The question is what board is faulty. Just trying to borrow it down so I don’t have to replace all boards.
And I didn’t try to test print. It was purchased with no in, when I inspected the heads, they looked bad and had head strikes. So I just cleaned and replaced all main stuff flushed lines, new caps, dampers, heads, FPC cables for the heads and few other misc items.

adamfromayr

Ive bought 2 x of that model just about to commence work on them cant afford new heads just now but bought all new and genuine dampers, cables and cap tops and buying new belts also