• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Same Color, 2 passes??

Tim Aucoin

Hope someone can tell me what I'm missing here.
I'm trying to print some static clings. They are black and white on clear, and there is text and some lines (strokes) in the design. All black is set to the same color, yet when I print, it prints the black in 2 passes.:banghead: What am I missing or doing wrong? Hasn't happened to me before, so I'm kinda stuck here! Thanks for any help. :notworthy:

Tim Aucoin

Edge FX. Both are set to spot black. It prints the text, then backs itself up automatically and prints the line. Wastes foil big time!

Tim Aucoin

Yeah, gonna have to do that to get this job run. This is the second time this week it's happened. Not sure what's up! Thanks for the reply's!

Tim Aucoin

Expand strokes! I seem to remember strokes printing separately than fills for some reason. I very rarely use strokes in Composer....they don't seem to translate as well as a solid filled shape.

That worked Pat, thanks! Job is done and gone! Thanks to both of you guys for your reply's... it really helped! :thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I would check your overprint/overlap settings for both the fills and the strokes. The main reason for an extra pass is having one object set to overprint (which requires the heating of the printhead to a higher temperature) and other objects to overlap or normal (which do not require the printhead to be heated to a higher temperature).