• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Saving as PDF is changing colors all of sudden

JoeBoomer

I don't know what the hell is happening.... I've been saving my files as PDF's with the illustrator defaults and it was working fine. (Just started using pdfs instead of eps within the last 3 weeks)

Now, for some reason when I save a PDF my colors are coming out totally different then what I am saving them with.

- Colors are coming out much darker (Reflex Blue changes to 100, 100, 16, 54I)

I will edit a PDF file that was working properly yesterday, then I will save as a PDF again, but the colors come out totally different. Obviously my settings are getting jacked up when saving PDF, but I'm an idiot so any help would be great.

I'm not sure if it is embedding profiles or not.... Any help would be appreciated.

I can save as an .eps & the colors work fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 10.30.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 10.30.36 AM.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 10.30.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 10.30.24 AM.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 73
The settings that you show in your screen captures will result in files that are untagged, that is without a working space that is tied to the color model. EPS files are always untagged, as that file format does not support working spaces. For more accurate color communication, change the PDF Preset to High Quality Print. This will include all working spaces for the various objects in the file.