• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking Assistance for Roland VS 540 Linear Encoder

magprint

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm writing today because I'm experiencing some trouble with my VS-540 printer and I could really use your expert advice.

My current issue revolves around the linear encoder of my VS-540. I've been facing a handful of problems with this machine, but the one that's currently giving me the most headache is the encoder test in the service menu consistently failing. This led me to believe that the linear encoder was the culprit, so I went ahead and replaced both the linear encoder and the sensor.

However, here's where the real puzzlement begins: I am still encountering the same problem! Despite the brand new parts, the encoder test consistently fails, typically around the 500 mark.

This issue has me scratching my head, and I would sincerely appreciate any advice or ideas you could provide about what might be causing this persistent problem. If there's a common issue I might be overlooking, or a particular step in the installation process I could have missed, I'd love to hear about it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Terry01

Recheck your encoder strip and make sure the clamp and spring are not bottoming out. They sometimes look tight but are not fully floating between ends.