• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Select 15 COM help

woodway

Help please... I have an old Gerber Select 15 plotter that I have been running for years using a first version Radio Shack USB to Serial Cable connected to a Windows XP machine using Omega 2.6.1 software. While away I had some electrical issues which resulted in the need to replace my computer HD so I lost my COM setting. The first time I setup the USB serial cable I had an awful time tweaking the COM settings, but eventually was able to finally communicate with the Select 15. And of course I didn't write it down for safe keeping. 20/20 know.

question: does the Select 15 use the same COM settings as the GS (9600,n,8,1, Xon/Xoff)? I have tried every FIFO combination using these settings and still nothing.

Getting voltage on the #3 TXB pin on the USB/Serial male connector and voltage on the Select 15 #2 & 3 female connector pins. I also have confirmed continuity on my Gerber cable connecting the USB/Serial to the Select 15.

When I send a job from Gsplot it takes a few seconds before I receive an error so I think the two are failing to handshake, but not ruling anything out.

Any thoughts and help are greatly appreciated. I am way behind on my jobs. Thanks in advance!