• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seperating colors for vinyl print

craigwojo

Hi everyone,

Can Corel X3 seperate colors for plotting out vinyl plots?
If yes, how? If no, is there a program that can do this?

Thank you,
Craig

juan45215

If it's not too detailed, I will take the file into Photoshop isolate each color into a seperate file, then import them into corel and trace them.
It's not the best systems, but it works.

woolly

lack of info for a better reply. all i do is select the objects and cut selected only.

i have tried to use automatic colour selection cutting in the graphtec plug in soon binned that.

woolly

grafxxx

if i remember correctly you can do a separation in corel i haven't used it since version 8 but i do remember there was a way

flyinhawaiian968

I'm assuming its already vectorized art. Same thing Woolly said, select each separate color and cut separately.

If I'm doing the job continually, I'll save each color as its own corel file so I can cut without going through the hassle of selecting each time.

Sure wish I could still use the old corel cut plugin for my CX300! The old software recognized spot colors and I could cut each one by selecting the color on the right of the popup window!

Stupid Roland CutStudio...

Chris

Oh yeah, if its not vectorized, and you're just doing 4 color(+spots if need be), you can do seps from the print screen, but I doubt it will work properly to a cutter, only a printer. Perhaps printing to PDF or PS file will do it for you?

craigwojo

In your Corel print setup, you can choose color separations.
Ken

Parts of the "Separation" are greyed-out (not selectable).

The reason I am asking is because I did a overhead menu and need to plot (cut-out) each individual color on the menu. I do not want to use the four color process. I just need to cut each color, so I can puzzle them on the subtrate to make the menu board. (Translucent - back-lit menu board).

Thank you,
Craig

ahollow

I create a separate layer for each color. I then turn on the layer I want to print, one by one. This keeps all the data visible and editable, and all in one file.

thewood

Can Corel X3 seperate colors for plotting out vinyl plots? If yes, how? If no, is there a program that can do this?

I don't know about X3, but Flexi automatically sorts everything by color in the Cut/Plot dialog.

Attachments

• Cut by Color.jpg
    Cut by Color.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 73

signage

Corel isn't going to automatically separate colors for plotting! You could create a macro to do it, manually do it or get a bridge program.

Techman

cocut pro is a great plug in for that propose. I use it all the time... Cut by color makes designing so much easier....

HuMJohn

I have Corel Ver. 11, X3 and X4, all on the same PC. When I bought Ver 11, I also purchased CoCut from EuroSystems. CoCut shows up as an icon in CorelDraw. When I click on the CoCut icon, the selected objects in Draw (or the entire drawing, if nothing is selected) is transfered to CoCut. And CoCut can cut each color separately.

An additional benefit, is that CoCut can be used as a stand alone design and cutting program, although the design part is not as comprehensive as CorelDRAW.

Check out CoCut.com for the information, especially if your plotter is listed among the many (very many) supported by them.

My CoCut has been continuously updated, over the i-net, for free, for the last four plus years....nice.

Alan D

Ensure your colours are Pantone spots, print to the 'Device independent postscript file printer' save the file to a suitable location, import ps file back into draw. To avoid any font issues under the postscript tag make sure download type 1 fonts is unchecked - this will convert fonts to curves as you print. This may not be a 'true' cut by colour option but will work for separating colours.
This assumes you don't want to spend money on another programme or have a Graphtec plugin (which is very good)
Alan D