• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Settings question

Jim Hill

I changed from Corey version 12 to X-5 and I am having a few color management issues that I cannot figure out for the life of me.

All of my files are in vectors and I export as EPS files for use on the web.

I need some help setting up the Default Color Management Settings and the Document Color Settings.

Color management is so complex that the more I read the harder it becomes to figure out the correct settings.

I am using Pantone Solid Color for some of the colors in the document but if that is a problem I can change to either CMYK of some thing else.

My problem is the colors I am seeing in my vectors are coming out of my Roland Versamm very different and with one image it is a problem right now.

It's strange the 95% of my other images appear to print just fine with no problems at all.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Jim

Terremoto

All of my files are in vectors and I export as EPS files for use on the web.

No so sure I understand why you would use EPS files for web use.

I need some help setting up the Default Color Management Settings and the Document Color Settings.

Color management is so complex that the more I read the harder it becomes to figure out the correct settings.

Go here: http://coreldraw.com/wikis/howto/designer-s-guide-to-color-management.aspx and download the Designer's Guide to Color Management. Read it over a couple of times if you have to but unless you get a grip on it now it will cause you no end of grief in the future.

I am using Pantone Solid Color for some of the colors in the document but if that is a problem I can change to either CMYK of some thing else.

My problem is the colors I am seeing in my vectors are coming out of my Roland Versamm very different and with one image it is a problem right now.

It's strange the 95% of my other images appear to print just fine with no problems at all.

Basically - Work in RGB and let your RIP handle the conversion to your Versacamm. If you're using the graphics for web use as well then use sRGB and not aRGB for your document default. Web browsers tend to choke on aRGB images.