• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Severe Bubbles on Layered Vinyl

TheShirtBox

Well thanks for all the help, everybody. Definitely going to plan differently next time I am doing some layered vinyl! :thankyou:

phototec

Hopefully they don't ask for their money back or something...

Wow, you have to ask...

I would replace the crappy job right NOW, without having to be asked.

Leaving this job on the front doors of a business, where everybody can see your quality of work is NOT good for business, your advertising that you work comes with bubbles at NO charge.

Just replace it, do it right this time and write-off the first vinyl as a learning experience.

And on the vehicle, use 751, be PROFESSIONAL.

They have every right to ask for their money back!!!!

:banghead:

TheShirtBox

Whoa jeeze. No need for a flaming. I started this thread asking if there was a way to get rid of the bubbles. If I can't get the bubbles out or if it doesn't look good after a little while I will replace it.

I would agree that they do have a right, but fortunately I'm not looking for business advice, only vinyl advice. Unless I misunderstood what "Installation Equipment & Techniques" means.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're gonna go places...................... :rolleyes:

That's not a flaming at all. It's called advice and help. Just because you didn't ask some necessary questions, doesn't mean others can't offer up post advice on things you let out. Future readers might find this very interesting after the dust settles and not have your slant on things. So what you call flaming is someone else's sound business advice.... like it or leave it.

HulkSmash

You're gonna go places...................... :rolleyes:

That's not a flaming at all. It's called advice and help. Just because you didn't ask some necessary questions, doesn't mean others can't offer up post advice on things you let out. Future readers might find this very interesting after the dust settles and not have your slant on things. So what you call flaming is someone else's sound business advice.... like it or leave it.

ohhhh, another potential customer for me!

TheShirtBox

To be honest I feel crappy about it already, and that just salted the wound. So needless to say I'm a little on edge about the whole thing.

Jillbeans

It wasn't a flaming, just good advice.
I never use 651 on a vehicle.
I never pre-assemble layers.
I do use wet app for layers after putting down the base layer dry using a center hinge (for the most part) I only use Rapid Tac not home brew.
Lately if there are lots of colors in the vinyl I have been subbing out to D&T Graphics.
He uses that air release stuff with which it's almost impossible to get a bubble or wrinkle.
I would re-do this job if possible, just to make you look like a better business person.
Better to do something right in the first place than to do something twice though.
Love....Jill

anotherdog

there is worse than getting a little heat...getting no response at all.
mixed in with the flames was a good answer.
To tell the truth I have never had to preassemble, now I'll avoid it if I'm tempted.

CheapVehicleWrap

Just a suggestion. Bill them another $75 and tell them that you mistakenly had put "3D wrap" on the work order and they actually got a perk for free.

If they biatch, let em have it for nuthin.

Invest the money wisely.