• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shinerite vinyl on box truck with rivets

OldPaint

29 COLORS???? didnt think they made that many)))))) i use dark green, white, black, vivid blue, cherry red & daffodil yellow. have some dk blue, burgandy. i bought a bunch of GMI vinyl(shine rite is like their intermediate)and i still have 8 full 15x10yd rolls in a box.........

Brandon708

29 COLORS???? didnt think they made that many)))))) i use dark green, white, black, vivid blue, cherry red & daffodil yellow. have some dk blue, burgandy. i bought a bunch of GMI vinyl(shine rite is like their intermediate)and i still have 8 full 15x10yd rolls in a box.........

Actually SR has 30 colors but one of them is clear. I jumped on the deal as soon as i saw it. 29 rolls for $375. I couldn't pass that up expecially since they where all different colors. Now if someone asks do you have this colors i can say.. yes.

shakey0818

never let the customer tell you whaty meterial to use unless they sign a agreement saying your not liable.i would just use the best stuff and pay the difference it cant be that much more.i like to sleep at night.who owns your sign shop you or him?i read alot of posts here and mosh and op pretty much sum it up,they get their prices do quality work and stand by there products,the only compition they have is themselves.if you let customers run your buisiness you will be out of buisiness.use quality meterials,do all the jobs the right way and you will be confident in yourself and can demand top doller and will have the product to back it up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why do I get the feeling of 'Sleeper Cells' roaming around within these forum walls ??

JAMEY

Alright. I tried ShineRite on rivets and hated it. Whole different story with mine. The customer all of a sudden said put it on that truck! I had to...and hated it.

Please tell me your secret and how you got it over the rivets smoothly.

JR's

Your name is attached to it now and could very well cost you future work down the road. I've had many customers come in over the years bitchin' about another sign company's crappy decals that didn't last.

:thumb: :thumb: and you will never know until its to late.

JR

JAMEY

Exactly. One of my last topics was about a nightmare of a job with Shine-Rite over rivets because I let the customer (my brother's best friend) talk me out of my better judgment. It was supposed to go on a flat trailer...then I show up and he wants it on a riveted box truck. I told him not to put my name on that and it will look like shit. But he demanded it anyways and said he'd finish up around the rivets. Never. Never again. I'll ALWAYS use cast on rivets and never let anybody talk me into doing something that looks like shit again. In the end...my name is on that shit...there goes all the potential work from his buddies. BIG LESSON LEARNED.

However, I'd still like some video of exactly how people make it work with Shine-Rite. But then, how we really going to know it's Shine-Rite?